Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Finally, a day off! Time to paddle.

Things have been pretty intense lately. Sometimes I'll go through a spell when the work days don't kick my butt. That is not the case right now. And as much disdain as I have for my "real job" sometimes, the fact remains that they actually do pay me.  So, they get all of me. That just means that I simply have to push myself that much harder to find the energy for things such as karate and paddling.

But, I find the time. Believe me.

I was completely wiped out after the long weekend at Mule Camp Festival. Talked to hundreds of people, and I'm kinda stoked that there is so much interest in the open house and Come-try-it this weekend. It blew my mind how many people live within 5 minutes of the club and have never been there. Hopefully this Saturday changes that.

That said, when I was finally able to get out on the water today, it was glorious.  Trees are just starting to turn ever so slightly, and the water was like glass. Except, that is, for the dock boat that blew up the course and plowed the water. I actually cheated and grabbed onto a dock. I was actually glad, because the waves were significant! The rest of the time, I was able to enjoy the sounds of nature, talk to a few nice folks who were just setting up to catch dinner off of their docks, and get some much-needed mental relief.  I can't believe how quickly the relaxation kicks in...10 meters off the dock, maybe?

On the way in I spoke with a member of the rowing club who shares our boathouse. We see things the same way in that we believe we need to pull the community in here to this venue. She may even try an SUP board this Saturday.  Here's hoping it's really, really crowded. If I have anything to say about it, it will be.

Got my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment