Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Clearing the fog; on the lake, and in the mind..

I love this time of year. Besides family, fall is probably the thing that I miss the most about living in the Northeast. October has always been my favorite month because of the crispness and the color. This morning, here in Northeast Georgia, was very much reminiscent of a Pennsylvania fall day.

I had originally planned to go for a paddle this morning, but those plans changed fairly quickly once I saw the fog. As you know, I paddle by myself most of the time. Safety has to be something I take seriously, so fog makes it a no-go. The water is still warm though, so I know that this afternoon is going to be awesome.  I did stop over at the club on my way out to run errands, and the thirsty lake has come up over two feet in the last couple of days because of the seven inches plus of rain that we received. Prayers answered!!

I took some time out to work on my business plan this morning. Mule Camp, a local community festival, is coming up. I run a booth over there for the club. My goals this year include introducing the folks in the area to Stand Up paddling, para canoe, and more events for adults and seniors. The club does a pretty good job publicizing the programs we have for younger kids. But I'm a firm believer that the lake is there for everyone. Some folks just need a little talking to and a kick in the ass. So, I'll be kicking ass at Mule Camp, building awareness and really getting the ball rolling on the para canoe program at Lanier for the spring.

Lots to do.

TKM

No comments:

Post a Comment