Wow! For years and years, I fought the battle of the bulge. I finally figured it out, or at least how it works for me. I couldn't understand how Oprah, with all of her money, couldn't pay someone to cook for her, someone to train her, someone to say "okay, fatty...get up and exercise!" To me, this just never made sense.
Even a year after my big weight loss (65 pounds,) I still thought it was oh, so simple. But my goodness, how the weight just sneaks back on! It's hard to lose that much weight. Well, losing it is the easy part. The tough part is getting your body and mind on the same page. For the longest time, I looked in the mirror and didn't feel like I was the person who was staring back. I think it's been 6 years since my big weight loss, and over the last year I FINALLY have come to understand the key.
1. Fat is something that I have, not something that I am. 2. I really do have control of what I put in my mouth, and why I do it. 3. Food is intended to be fuel for the body. And 4. I can flip the switch any time I want to.
That said, I always get fatter in the summer! I don't know how often that happens to people, but it sure happens to this girl. I guess I think since I do karate three times and week and paddle as often as possible I'm giving myself carte blanche to pig out.
Probably when "post-karate Blizzard" is a thing, that should be a red flag. Duly noted.
So, it's time to get back on the cheerios for breakfast and a fruit salad a laughing cow wedge lunch regimen. Gotta get in shape to go back to Weight Watchers for the winter. That also is something that I do, although that may seem to defy logic. This belly fat sucks! Just for fun, I've included a photo of me enjoying my wine from the Washington Canoe Club regatta, and a thin pic, although it doesn't show all of my wonderful muscle tone. Just saying.
But hey. I got this. See you on the water!
TKM


No comments:
Post a Comment