Thursday, June 7, 2012

Your first assignment!

Pretty exciting that we've reached this point already!!

I am actually headed several states away for a wedding this weekend. When I travel, I always know ahead of time where the lake is, can I rent a kayak, weather forecast, that sort of thing.  I have blocked out some time early Saturday to get out there while everyone else is still asleep. A minor inconvenience considering how amazing I will feel for the rest of the day...

Your assignment? I would like to see you look around in your own area. Is there a lake, a state park? Even a little river that doesn't have too many rapids. Next, can they rent you a kayak? Or even a canoe?

For the time being, this is only a fact-finding mission. It's important for you to know whether the system is in place or not. Do not buy a kayak!! This is a mistake that many new paddlers make....the boat you start out in is seldom the boat you will eventually paddle. Ah, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Let me know how it goes for you.  You know I'll do the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment