Saturday, August 11, 2012

So much to do! Gotta get it together...

As this Olympiad comes to a close, I can't help but think that sprint canoe/kayak is about to become a lot more popular. I have long thought that this is the best sport nobody has ever heard of, but hey, not they have.  I think the time is here to get organized for what's ahead.

Anyone who knows me also knows that I consider myself an ambassador to the sport. They also know that I will talk about it with anyone who will listen. I have begun arranging opportunities to get out there and introduce myself and the sport, and I'm really excited about it.

Without getting into the whole business plan, let's just say that if I have anything to say about it, America will know what this sport is all about. Everything from "What is it?" to how it works, the physical and mental benefits, where you can find a program, everything.

I have also really begun getting into the paracanoe realm. I've been learning more about how it works, recruiting potential athletes, and how to get some equipment here. There will be some unique challenges, but I am ready for them.

It was so exciting to see the 200m races, especially on TV. I really think that those races in particular will bring a new pool of sprint folks. I hope I'm right, but time will tell. It most certainly is the time, however, to get out there and talk to folks.

For now, that's my focus. I'll keep you posted. If you see a crazy lady chasing after you with a paddle in one hand and a pamphlet in another, it could be me.

Seriously.

TKM

No comments:

Post a Comment