Saturday, August 4, 2012

Saturday morning, I love you.

Saturday mornings are the best. For one, it's the only day of the week that I feel like I can let go completely of my "real job." But more importantly, I get to do two things I truly enjoy; paddling and karate.

Work is especially stressful at the moment, and exercise has always been a good way for me to manage that stress. The lake was terrific today; mirror flat, with little boat traffic because it's overcast and a day on the lake must not look like a good bet today. There was a slight breeze, and no sun. Almost perfect. I  don't have to think about technique on days like this. There are no balance issues. My body knows what to do and I just let it take over, as we make our way down to the other end of the cove. In the zone, baby.

So peaceful out there this morning. The fish seem to know that they are safer than usual today, and they make themselves known. I sometimes wonder if they follow the kayaks around because they know we are one of them. Lots of nature to see today. Saw some large birds, and a couple of good-sized turtles. They make me feel as though this is their world and I am blessed to be a part of it. I paddle back and forth on the boathouse side listening to rhythm of my own breathing and the occasional splashes from my friends with gills.

Before I knew it, I had to head back home. There will be more paddles, God willing, but this one was unique. I appreciate it as such as I prepare to move ahead with the day.

Make every day special.

TKM

No comments:

Post a Comment