Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Sometimes you just need a little push..

Had dinner with my friend John last night.  He's really a unique guy. Very spiritual, and not afraid to just chuck it all and move on to something new life.  I've done that myself, a couple of times, but it's frankly not for everyone.

I knew when I asked John out to dinner last night that he was the guy that I needed to talk to right now in my life.

Over chips and salsa we talked about passion and being compelled to do certain things in your life. I told him about my dreams and my goals for The Kayak Mom. It felt really good to finally say some of these things out loud. But I feel like I now have someone to hold me accountable, and to kick me in the ass when I look for a reason not to leave behind what I do now in favor of something that I would love to spend my life doing.

I am fortunate in that I have opportunities coming up to dive right into what I need to do. I also will sit down with a career counselor when I go up to Penn State next month and have them tell me exactly what it is that I need to do to incorporate The Kayak Mom. It's go time. I hate to "go Oprah" again, but I'm pretty sure that it was her who said "this is not a dress rehearsal."  I hope the club is ready, because I'm gonna make some really special things happen.

Hang on.

TKM

No comments:

Post a Comment