So, it's been a long time since I've put pen to paper, so to speak. Wow. Who ever thought that "pen to paper" would be followed by "so to speak?" Again, wow. The last couple of weeks have been really nuts around here, with work and karate, and of course life.
Time to regain my focus. I've been thinking a lot lately about who exactly The Kayak Mom is, and what exactly is her mission statement. I've been a little bit caught up in all of the emotional end of the Penn State situation. It's been fascinating interacting with members of the football team on Twitter. The program has an air of spirituality around it that I haven't seen before. That must be a result of Coach O'Brien and his unique take on life, along with the truly daunting task that these young men have set before them. I will admit that I cried before the start of the game when the crowd sang the alma mater and when players prayed on the sideline for more than just an 85 yard touchdown return. It's so much bigger.
Once again I find myself off on that familiar tangent, but before I right myself I need to say that although the team lost, I admire these young men so much. They had the weight of the world on their shoulders. The weight of this whole situation; thinking they could fix it all with one win. I can't imagine my own son dealing with that pressure. Now that the first week is over, I hope that they can focus on just the task at hand...
But again, I digress. I mention Twitter because my twitter feed is the Kayak Mom, and really hasn't been too much about that as of late. Last time I was in State College, I went to a "creating your brand" workshop in the Alumni Center, and they advised to not tweet personal stuff on your professional twitter feed. So, that's the first change I need to make. Easy enough, I guess. So, that's the change I'm making this week, and hopefully my non-kayak followers will make the change along with me!
Big local thing coming up here soon. Our club will be represented, so I've decided that this will be the coming out party for the Kayak Mom. Time to get out there and let people know who I am on a local scale and get ready to spend all of my days off working toward my goal of making this my career. A friend of mine posted a picture on facebook which was captioned with "A year from now you will wish you had started today." I don't know if that meant weight loss, career change, whatever. But, it really spoke to me.
So, here I go. Soon, you'll know I am.
TKM
No comments:
Post a Comment