Saturday, November 3, 2012

Time to just settle down and be...

Life has been absolutely crazy lately!! And by crazy I mean awesome. For instance, we've done Mule Camp, the come-try-it for SUP and other events, and capped it off with a FABULOUS trip to Penn State for the Ohio State game, driving home on the southern edge of Sandy, just out of harm's way. I remain a proud Penn Stater in spite of the recent events, and after last week I know that we're gonna truly be okay.

But enough about that. As a result of that, however, I haven't really spent a whole lot of time on the water. That is going to change, I'm happy to say!  It's going to be nearly 80 degrees here this afternoon, and I'm really excited to get out there for a mental tune-up. We didn't really get any rain down here from the storm, so I'm betting the lake level has gone down again. Funny how rain amounts differ from one region of the country to another. We really need a big old pipeline to bring some of that northeast moisture down here.

That would be awesome.

Now that we're home, it really is time to just settle in and get back to some sense of normalcy. That will begin today as I happily carry my boat down to the dock and paddle about for a bit this afternoon. I'll be spending a lot of time this winter speaking to adults about paddling and what it can do for them on every level. Really looking forward to that.

Maybe you'll see me around. If so, say "hey!"

TKM

No comments:

Post a Comment