Wow, is it just me, or was this the longest winter ever?
Since I moved down here to "the South," I have realized how easy it is to get acclimated to the warmer weather here in Georgia. I've often thought that if life's path were to lead me away, that I might end up right smack in the center of Pennsylvania, where I spent so many happy days as a youth.
After spending a weekend there in February enduring wind chills of less than 0, I am happy to report that I have revisited that decision. I love warm! And I love the fact that my lake doesn't freeze, and that I don't need to own a winter coat, and that it will be truly spring here as the North hopes to dodge snow for the rest of the season.
That said, spring is not coming one moment soon for this girl. I have to say, that between work, and issues in my own life, this winter was one of the toughest seasons of my life. I cried a lot over the past few months. The fact that it's March tells me that I've made it through this brutal combination of trying times and S.A.D.(seasonal affective disorder...)
So, hello spring! Hello paddling weather!! It's supposed to be nearly 70 degrees this weekend. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to it all this year. An off season of karate has really made my upper body much leaner and stronger. Now to address that stupid belly fat. Let's face it...nobody wants to see that! But, I'm a typical woman of my age, and therefore, there it is. Lol. Did I mention I was under a little bit of stress?
Got many great things to look forward to this year on the water. Lots of senior citizens going to be out there for the first time in many years. The club has a big stack of sup boards, too. I'm looking forward to becoming a pro on one of those. And I'd love to bring sup yoga to the club.
I was at a business meeting recently, and as is often the case here in the South, prayer was included by one of the speakers. I felt like it spoke to me, so I'm going to share:
Prayer for Understanding
May I come to understand
That blessings are everywhere,
That my attitude will effect outcomes,
That challenges are often gifts in disguise.
May I come to Trust
That most things get better with time,
That my instincts and gut feelings have value,
That a positive attitude makes things go smoothly.
May I come to See
That I have many skills and talents I can use,
That I am a positive influence on many people,
That there are those around me who wish me well.
May I come to Value
That today is a blessing to be enjoyed,
That each person is unique and important,
That each moment of my life has meaning.
_______________________________
Take what you will from this, and go from there.
See you on the water.
TKM
No comments:
Post a Comment